We are looking for a Senior Pipeline Developer to take the step up and take charge of 3-4 people in a Head of Pipeline role. Our client are industry leaders in the CG industry and this role will primarily involve working in the production of advertisements.
As Head of Pipeline, we want you to be developing and supporting the production pipeline; keeping it efficient and up-to-date in response to new production challenges, and playing a key role in allowing our artists to be as creative and productive as possible, and deliver sensational imagery.
As head of the pipeline department, you will be accountable for designing and implementing our future production toolset whilst supporting the existing tools and workflows.
You would be liaising directly with Senior artists, CDs, Head of Production, project managers and the IT department to identify and address integral improvements to our workflow.
· Accountability for defining and developing the overall strategy of the pipeline department to suit the business needs, with monthly progress reports to senior management.
· Lead task assignment, training and mentoring of the pipeline team during project delivery.
· Review outputs from development team and direct progress to achieve desired results.
· Work closely (and build/ foster positive relationships internally) with Senior department leads/ heads to identify and deliver best practise pipeline solutions and ensure a smooth transition of work from one team to the next.
· Develop the pipeline team skill sets, look at how we work and improve process in collaboration with Creative Directors and other Heads of Department.
· Help identify and recruit new members of the pipeline team when required.
· Actively promote and police the development of new technical solutions and use of tools to optimize standardise and improve our productivity and quality, best practice and process.
· Work positively towards team motivation and cohesion. Manage your team/ line reports effectively to retain a talented, motivated, productive and effective team. This will require you to deliver feedback to your team via regular performance appraisals, manage underperformance and feed into/ deliver annual pay reviews that are in line with your departmental budget.
· Effectively represent your department at relevant regular meets and forums where a view from pipeline is required – weekly seniors meet, weekly production meets.
· Be hands on when required to drive best approach and setting up workflows and lead by example in terms of execution and expected productivity of your team.
– R&D Leadership skills
– Python experience is essential
– C++, Maya Mel Scripting
– Maya Mel / Maya API experience
– Dev- ops and web development
– Team management experience