We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in high-end residential interior architecture and FF&E, whose principal role will be to support and manage the design process, from concepts through to delivery reporting to the Director / Associate Director.
If you possess excellent client facing, communication, design and management abilities. Along with excellent time and budget management skills and proven experience of leading a team of technicians and designers then we want to hear from you!
Job role and responsibilities:
- Design analysis, research and preliminary design studies
- Development of design ideas by way of freehand sketches, Photoshop & CAD drawings.
- Production (or overseeing) of CAD drawings, details, CGI’s, specifications and other documents to Design Intent level
- FF&E sourcing and specification
- Coordinating with external specialists consultants (eg PM, QS, M&E) to integrate requirements and meet overall project objectives.
- Ensure the design meets the client’s requirements and specifications.
- Assist with work programming and reporting on project progress.
- Review shop drawings
- Undertake site inspections and surveys.
- Procurement & Installation of FF&E (or coordination & overseeing)
- Ensure office standards and level of quality is met on each project.
- Meeting with client representatives, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and consultants of the company or our clients, etc. in our offices or abroad as necessary.
- Keeping abreast with current legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to all duties and responsibilities undertaken.
Key skills and experience required:
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture, Interior Design degree or diploma or equivalent
- Proficient user of AutoCAD LT 2010/2011, Microsoft Office 2010, Photoshop, Indesign and SketchUp.
- Good hand sketching ability and Digital graphic presentation skills.
- Producing detailed design and construction drawing packages
- Producing FF&E specifications with excellent and up to date supplier knowledge
- Managing procurement and installations
- Self‐motivated to use initiative in undertaking or continuing a task without supervision
- Good timekeeping and work ethic that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy
- Ability to work in the face of pressure and setbacks
- A team player
- Clear and concise communicator
- Spatial problem solving with the ability to prepare alternative design solutions quickly.
Salary offered: £45,000-£55,000
To apply please email your cv & portfolio samples to Georgia@cgiresourcing.com or call Georgia today for an informal chat about the role – 0208 760 7608