An excellent opportunity for an experienced Pipeline TD to become part of a world-renowned studio with exciting upcoming expansion plans!
The Pipeline TD role is pivotal in supporting and developing our client’s internal tools and processes.
We are looking for a pro-active, ambitious, organised, methodical, experienced Pipeline TD, with a passion for the industry. Someone who describes themselves as a ‘perfectionist,’ is able to prioritise issues, with several years’ experience of troubleshooting, solving problems and streamlining processes.
The role will require the Pipeline TD to be part of planning and executing a wide variety of projects. Excellent communication skills are essential, not only will you be potentially dealing with suppliers, you’ll also be liaising with members of staff within the London studio on a day-to-day basis, along with the worldwide studios, which you may also have the opportunity to travel to, to assist with the development of these studio’s pipelines.
In order to be considered for the role you must have a solid knowledge and understanding of production and post-productions pipelines, workflows, processes, terminologies and industry conventions, and be fully versed in the many tools involved within these areas.
- To maintain the tools codebase, working alongside the other members of staff to fill in the gaps and evolve the documentation of the tools provided to staff.
- To Create tools and automation that develop the company’s offerings.
- Where possible, to improve the IP internally which has commercial potential.
- Refactoring of Hydragen pipeline tools in collaboration with the US based Pipeline TD.
- To Maintain Sphinx, Github and Jira (or similar software) repositories to ensure accurate documentation and accessibility across the business.
- Heavily improving interoperability cross the core packages, developing plugins, connectors and abstraction layers that enable them to communicate fluidly across software
- To be able to work as part of a team as well as independently, with a strong desire to want to keep expanding your skill-set and learning.
- Working knowledge of the following: Vray, Character studio, after Effects, Nuke, XSI, Z-Brush, Mudbox, Cinema4D, Houdini, Motion Builder, PFTrack, realflow, Flash, Thinkbox, Thinking Particles, 3D Equalizer and a minimum of 3 years’ experience using Maya / Max.
- In-depth experience of programming in Python & C/C++, MAXSCRIPT & Mel
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of node based systems and frameworks, UI design and toolkits, specifically QT/PyQT
- Experience with Windows/ Mac / LINUX application development
- Proven experience in a similar role (VFX / CGI) with full understanding of the production pipeline and where specialisms fit in.
- Examples of systems’ which were designed and implemented successfully on past projects across digital, print and TVC content production
- Knowledge of computer graphics concepts and plugin development for DCC platforms
- Knowledge of file formats and data representations used in VFX and animations.
To apply for this position please email your cv through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 760 7608 to discuss the role in more detail